[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: how do I keep a browser from caching files

On Apr 21,  2:04pm, Jeff Weinstein wrote:
> Subject: Re: how do I keep a browser from caching files
> Will Day wrote:
> > Would this work:
> >         <HEAD>
> >         <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
> >         </HEAD
>
>   That should work with Netscape Navigator.  It will prevent the
> document from ever being written to the Disk Cache.  You can also
> just send the "Pragma: no-cache" header as part of the HTTP response
> with the document.

It seems it didn't work. I put the META statement in the HEAD section
	<HEAD>
	<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
	<TITLE> ... </TITLE>
	</HEAD>

It ended up it I still could backup to that password-protected page
freely.  I doubted if the page still in the cache, or the browser stored
my password in its cache.

Regards,

--
S.W. Cheung